Newport, Pembrokeshire can be reached from:
- The South, by the M4 leading onto the A40 and A487.
- From the Midlands M5 to the M50, A40,A487.
- The North through the M5/M6 to the M54, A5 to the A487.
Newport enjoys a good rail connection to Fishguard nine miles away. The line was originally known as 'The Great Western' running from London Paddington through Wales to Fishguard. This is now known as as the Boat train connecting with the boats to Ireland. There is a daily service. Train times as per the timetable.
(National Rail Enquiries 08457 48 49 50)
Arrival in Newport
Apon arrival in Newport, Blaenafon cottage can be reached by following the directions below:
- You will come into Newport on the A487, which runs between
Fishguard and Cardigan.
- On coming into Newport, you turn up Market Street, from Fishguard
it's right and from Cardigan it's left.
- Go to the top of Market Street and turn left; as you go round
the corner the church is on the left, take the opposite road
on the right which runs in front on Newport Castle.
- This is a short road from which you turn left onto the mountain
- You go over a cattle grid and come to a fork, take the left
hand fork. The tarmac road gives out in front of a stone house.
- To the right is the road up to Blaenafon.
- There is ample parking just below the cottage, but the car
can be parked for unloading in front of the cottage.